Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An ackward moment.....hmmmmm??

So Ryan was off work today and we caught up on many things around the house. I actually got to take a shower without interruption, which as a mom is unheard of. Riley had school this morning and demanded that Ryan take her to school. She is so in love with her daddy, she cried when he left the school. I feel for her and know her sadness. Ryan has been working crazy hours. When I say crazy, I really mean crazy hours. He has been putting in over sixty hours a week. So naturally my kiddos have been craving his attention. Rileyn has always been a daddy's girl from day one. In fact, when she came out she was screaming and crying. The minute they handed her to Ryan, she stopped crying and just stared into Ryan's eyes. So, I exist as her mommy but if Ryan's in the room, I am just a warm body that feeds and cleans. Yes, and I'm okay with that once in a while, it gives me a break.

Anyway, after naps and dinner, we went to Fred Meyer to get a few items. As I'm walking down, ironically the feminine aisle, I see the doctor that delivered Avery walking by me. So let's back up a little.

I had never seen nor meet this doctor until the moment of delivery. I was ready to push and he was no where to be found at the hospital. In fact, he was still seeing patients at the clinic across the street! So I had to wait, yes I said wait. For those of you who haven't given birth yet, when you're ready to push, that's it there is NO waiting! So I am waiting and waiting for him to get there. He gets there and two pushes later, Avery was born. So he introduces himself and we all go on with life. I saw him one time for the birth of my baby. So I found it an awkward moment in the grocery store when he recognized me. What do you say??? Hello, are you enjoying the weather? AWKWARD! I didn't know what to say! Great job delivering my baby? So this is what I say.....

Believe me if I could go back in time I would have. "Hey I have a medical question for you"....seriously that's what I asked. Who asks an OBGYN that in the feminine aisle at the grocery store on his time off a medical question? ME! Oh my gosh I was so embarrassed! Needless to say, he answered it and life went on.

I hope and pray that never happens again! So what do you say to your doctor in public? I don't really know. AWKWARD!

1 comment:

  1. My jayjay doctor came to a dance recital of mine, I was okay with it. What did you ask him?? I"m dying to know!!! That's pretty good that he remembered you though, he gets massive props for that.

    ReplyDelete