Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm diving in, I'm going deep.....

Okay I decided to get on the bandwagon and start a blog since I always have something to say. My friends would agree with me on that one. I am a mom to three beautiful kiddos. Rileyn is four going on thirteen, Brayden is two going on two, and Avery is 8 months. I have a wonderful husband named Ryan whom I adore. We have been married for almost five years. Wow time has flown by. So after five years of starting a family and reading many blogs, I have decided to dive in and go deep. I hope this blog will help me share my stories, vent my frustration and act as a journal for my kids to read someday. Okay now that the introduction is out of the way...let's move on.


We have been in the process of buying our first investment property. It was supposed to be a fun and exciting adventure. We found the house a few months ago and decided after two years of looking for an investment, we would make an offer. The house was a foreclosure. That should have been my first clue, yeah I know that now. We had our twenty five percent to put down and submitted all our paperwork to our lender. We were set to close on April 24th. That didn't happen, so it was pushed back to May 8th. We went in last week to sign final documents and the dates were incorrect! The documents were redrawn and sent back to the title company yesterday. We went in to sign them today and the closing amount was incorrect. When I say incorrect, I mean almost five hundred dollars incorrect! So now we are at a standstill on what to do. Do we dip into savings again? Do we pocket the money and forget the house? What to do?


My whole thing is, maybe it wasn't meant to be? Is God trying to tell me something? Am I not listening? My husband thinks it the money maker of the century and I want nothing to do with it! Yikes! We have until 5:00pm today to make a decision to close on Friday. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that I have several people interested in renting this house out, and they have appointments to see the house this weekend! What's a girl going to do! My thought is keep the twenty five percent and pay off our car! We will be debt free except for our home mortgage. Also, we'd be able to pocket about seven thousand of the twenty five percent! That sounds like a steal of the century. Now...how to convince my husband that there will always be a great deal out there for an investment home...???? Any suggestions? More to come on this tomorrow.


So that's my problem for the day. Wow, after reading my first blog, I feel so cynical and negative. But I also feel so much better getting that off my chest.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so praying for you guys. Sometimes God's greatest gifts are things He DOESN'T give us. Love you and let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stressful! You can't force anything into place. If it is meant to be, things will fall into place. So glad you joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete